The 4-Hour Chef
If you’ve been exposed to the outside world in the last 5 years, odds are you know who Tim Ferriss is. Tim, the best-selling author of the 4-Hour Work Week and the 4-Hour Body, two completely groundbreaking books based on “real world” results, will be releasing his newest work: The 4-Hour Chef, next year.
Tim’s books, based on real results, always include “case studies” (read: human experiments), where Tim basically uses a given method he’s been working with to examine how it helps the individual reach a goal, in anything from fat loss to building a business.
The video below will serve two purposes:
1. Show you guys a KILLER easy meal (that even a hopeless chef like ME can make), it’s the epitome of MANliness… It’s the first edition of MANfood Monday… and it will be awesome.
2. Serve as an application for Tim’s 4-Hour Chef, to see if he can turn this kitchen-a-phobic into the next Food Network Star (only kidding). On a serious note, I’m curious to see how well his “methods” could work for someone whose solution for bland, crappy food is A) copious amounts of hot sauce B) copious amounts of mustard, and C) buckets of peanut butter.
Can The 4-Hour Chef turn me into a kitchen veteran, who can (at least) cook a meal that won’t induce a gag reflex in my girlfriend?
So, the ingredients and how’d I do it?
1. Grab a giant pot.
2. Get about 2 1/4 pounds of BEEF (I used 93% lean).
3. Brown the beef in the pot. Try not to let it get all sticky and burnt. Don’t undercook it.
4. Throw in TWO packages of Hamburger Helper Italian 4-Cheese Lasagna. Stir it up. Then follow the directions on the box.
5. Add any extra cheese goodness at the end.
6. Eat. Probably not all in one sitting. Probably.
So that’s it, the first episode of MANFOOD Monday–get your shovels, it’s time to EAT!